Saturday, December 31, 2011

MAME Arcade Machine

Here's another project I'm working on.  A year ago or so, my brother mentioned something that sounded interesting.  He was thinking of making a game cabinet to hook up an old gaming system and controls he had so that it would be like an arcade machine.  I got to thinking about it and thought it would be cool to set up something with all the old arcade games that I played as a kid.  Turns out people are already doing that with arcade machine emulators.  Ive set up an old PC to be the emulator and purchased an old arcade machine for $65.

Here's the cabinet:

Interesting thing is that it works just fine.  I plan to gut it and put the pc, monitor and controls in to it.

Here's the inside:




Even found a few bucks and tokens inside it!

Here's the PC:








No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. I'll try to post them as soon as I can. Thanks!